How to hand wash silk pillowcase
Whenever possible, hand wash your silk pillowcases to avoid deterioration of the fibers. Follow these steps when hand washing silk pillowcases:
1. Fill a clean sink or bowl with cold or cool water. Cool water will help the fabric retain its color.
2. Add a few drops of mild liquid Laundry Detergent.
3. Turn your silk pillowcase inside out to further protect the fabric, then place it in the water. Use your hand to gently agitate the water.
4. Remove the pillowcase and gently squeeze out the water and detergent. Do not twist or wring the pillowcase, as silk fibers are weaker when they’re wet.
5. Drain and refill the sink or bowl with cold water and repeat steps 3 and 4 at least four times to ensure the pillowcase is clean and free of any detergent.